Monday, May 11, 2009

Stage Hogs

When I was reading about stage hogs in the text, it made me think of so many people I know. At Carbones sometimes when it is quiet, the servers are just standing around chatting. I feel like ninety nine percent of the time the conversation gets centered around one specific server that's standing there. She's always directing the conversation towards her and trying to be the center of attention. If I say something about myself, she will always try and say something related about herself. It gets really annoying an not many people enjoy talking with her because she is so annoying and dramatic. She has no compassion for anyone else and only wants to talk about herself.

I feel like I am a stage hog in some instances. Sometimes I want to talk about myself, so I will try and direct the conversation towards something about me or that happened to me. I often notice when I am "stage hogging" and will do something to stop it or ask someone else a question. I feel like I am being rude and inconsiderate and it is something I maybe need to work on. It is selfish and makes me a poor communicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment