Monday, May 11, 2009

Competent Communicators I know

I use to work at a bar/restaraunt in Apple Valley called Grizzly's. We had many day-to-day regulars, and as servers developed a close relationship with them. There is a woman named Linda who comes in regularly, and I believe she posesses the skills of a competent communicator. She is a middle school teacher and has a lot of compassion for the children she teaches. She is always very nice, and depending on who's she's talking to, she can carry a variety of possibly behaviors (adaptability). She always acts interested in my life and cares about me. She is always very fair and has the ability to lighten the mood by knowing just what to say at the right time. She is sort of Grizzlys' own little counselor and everyone loves her. She is able to get along with and communicate with all of the staff. Sometimes she doesn't even have to say a lot, but she is always a great listener. She knows just what to do and just what to say to get along with all of us. I think truely competenet communicators are hard to find. I always feel like people aren't really listening to me or intersted in the things that I have to say. I also feel like a lot of times people are stage hogs and try and get the conversation back to them so they can be the center of attention.

I also wanted to point out someone else that I do not have a personal relationship with, but who I can tell from media and interviews is a very competent communicator. I believe Barack Obama would be a very competent communictor. I have seen him communicate in interviews one on one and have read his book and he really cares about his family. He has great compassion and knowledge that I believe would make him a great person to communicate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment