Monday, May 11, 2009

Communication at Carbones

I work at Carbones in Lakeville and communicating with people is my job. I am always talking to people and communicating with them in order to successfully do my job. I have to take orders and communicate what they want to the kitchen and to the bar in order to get them what they want. Most of the time when I work I don't write any orders down. I usually just memorize whatever they say and a lot of times that is a lot of orders to remember. I usually don't write things down until the party is eight poeple or bigger. If I don't write things down, I have to make sure that I remember all of their toppings and drink orders. If I screw up, then I don't get a good tip and I don't make the money I should. I always repeat the order after the person says it just to make sure I got everything write.

My job at Carbones has definately helped me become a more competent communicator and I love it. When I first started, I was kind of nervous speaking in front of people, but now that I have worked their for a while I am much more comfortable and willing to speak in front of people. It has been a great job for me and helped me become more outgoing and willing to communicate with people effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment