Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Defensiveness At Work

During the day, I work for a truck and trailer dealership. I do all the title work and have become very good at it, or at least I think so. We have multiple loans with different banks and we exchange the titles out for money. When we sell the trailers, we have to pay down the loans in order to get the titles. It can be a difficult and time consuming process and it is often hard to get the titles from the bank during current economic hardships. Our company has a lot of overhead and in order to make ends meet we sometimes have to wait a while after the sale of a trailer in order to get the title paid down because we might not have the money to pay for it at that time.

This makes my job extremely difficult because people are often calling me and yelling at me wondering where their titles are. I often have to make things up about where their titles are and when they can be expecting to get them. This makes me feel really bad and puts me in a bad spot. I can get very defensive because it is not my fault that people do not have their titles on time. I do anything within my power to make sure people have their titles so when they blame me for it I can get defensive because its not my fault.

I do not want people to think I am doing a bad job at work and I want them to know I am working hard so its hard because people not having their titles is a direct effect on me. This is very hard to deal with and I would love to refer angry calls to the owner, but clearly I have to take the blame for it because it is part of my job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment